Sunday, January 19, 2014

Studio Art: Finished Pop Art Reduction Prints

This project is also one that students were working on when I left for my maternity leave.  I am EXTREMELY pleased with this project!  Reduction printing is definitely a hard and lengthy process but they stuck with it and completed their prints!  My sub wasn't comfortable with having them mat their artwork, so I taught them that process when I got back.  I have two mat board cutters and it took us all week to complete this project and wrap up the other two that they did with my substitute.  Each student measured out and did the math to cut their boards...even the ones that had a hard time with the process did a great job as matting more than one print on a board is way more difficult than matting one artwork in a frame.










4 comments:

  1. First of all, I think it is absolutely FABULOUS that you teach your students to cut mats. And since I have zero experience with reduction printing, I am ultra-impressed with this work. Beautiful! You must be so proud of your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Gallery worthy! Andy Warhol would be proud! These prints are stunning! The students did an excellent job on these! They are all great but my fav's are the flags and jif jars! The colors blow you away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I actually did this project when I was student teaching, but I only had three students in a printmaking class. I love how these all turned out! The converse sneaker one is actually probably the best one when it comes to how accurately the student lined up each print, but they ALL turned out great! Even better is that one of my students...one who has very little confidence in art really understood the mating process. He actually compared using the beveled cutter to cutting molding for a house...you have to get the angle just right otherwise you don't get the right bevel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Did you use "poster board" for matting... or actual mat board? I'm trying to find an economical way to mat high school work w/ out spending $10 per large sheet of mat board. I just ordered my mat cutter and I'm super excited! I love that you displayed multiple prints on one board...very effective!

    ReplyDelete